Friday, April 15, 2011

First Kiss


 * This is me at twelve; my brother is the in the bottom of the photo. He leaves and boyfriend gives me my first kiss. It was my birthday; I had a dance in our garage.

I love this prompt that Poets United #44 chose this week ;-D  a First~


birthday cake, streamers swirl
candles blown, made my wish
private moment, suddenly...
mouth preened with Peachy Keen gloss
boyfriend hands you a gift
a cedar treasure chest for tokens
you open your mouth to say thank you
when warm, moist lips arrive
heart flutters and head swoons
My first, real kiss
confetti cheer,
friends announce news
dance to remember,
cupid's bow pursed
now grown up

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love this, so perfect! Love the photo too, and the beautifully rendered memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely
    I had a great comment that has been wiped out by squiggle-writing and can't sign back in so you may not get this one either sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great how these memories last, isn't it - very evocative and lovely poem.
    Thanks for visiting my site.
    Matthew

    ReplyDelete