Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Challenge #2 The Little Prince


"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit"  This is the quote I chose to highlight from the book, "The Little Prince"
~  I wanted to share, what one misses, when they don't follow the wisdom of the prince and let their inner child die.

Clouded sulfur clusters over puddles of grief
Pale boarders arrive in mourning cloaks
Molded scowls etch deep lines
Craggy, tired bones shuffle onward
Twinkle in mind's eye remembers
Youth's fountain, others jumping rope, skipping and baseball,
Passion's promise lost in limbo,
Tilted universe appears in
reversed dreams,
Soon arrival in deep, vast abyss
Hope for milky gate of pearls
Connect the stars
Secrets blooms with faded frost
Five keys allow entry
Fast forward
Journey in a photograph
of a life unlived~

4 comments:

  1. What an interesting quote you chose, Ella!
    Amongst all the interesting notions, these lines leapt out at me:

    Tilted universe appears in
    reversed dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry,
    This is where I began, I had a totally different poem going. For me the book represents keeping our inner child alive. Then I started to think about people I knew who were old, but young at heart and those that weren't.
    I wrote about the ones, who let their inner child die, too soon. This is where I wound up. I thought about writing more logic, but decided to show mourning a life not lived. The lesson we should learn, from the book, so we can avoid this lifestyle.

    Thanks Kerry, it was an interesting prompt. My first poem was more upbeat, but sounded too much like the book. It was then I decided to flip the coin and go in the opposite direction. If the adult didn't listen, to his/her inner child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and poignant and an interesting take on the prompt.......very powerful message in a poem imbued with sadness. Terrific writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fantastic imagery in this. I really enjoyed reading.

    Nice writing. :-)

    ReplyDelete