Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Take on Wordle


Robb gave us a challenge; He scrambled up a poem in Wordle, gave us 30 words to rewrite a poem, with conditions. :-)
I still haven't figured out the poem yet, but my bet is it's a childhood favorite.



Here is my poem, I did add a few words; I put them in  (      ) so you will know.

Cool peppermint grass ends
(where) black asphalt begins
Children know winds blow
White chalk burns
dark smoke grows
Crimson sun (rises)
Measured arrows (take) flight~




My poem represents going back to school
Learning means winds of change
 A spark ignites a passion to learn,
When we graduate we point our arrows;
go in a new direction.

9 comments:

  1. So well done, Ella.Love the poem and your afterword.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is nice and tight - very effective use of the words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Ella, I think you have really summed up going back to school ...
    "Cool peppermint grass ends
    (where) black asphalt begins"
    So symbolic for me of the end of play and the start of work! ;-)

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies; We did have a patch of grass in our yard, always grew mint, wintergreen. Once it faded, school was soon to follow. Summer was always a fresh escape; I grew up by the bayside, in a small New England town.

    Thanks Susannah-You really did great on your takes!

    Vivin-I love your condensed poems; You know how to say so much, in so few words...lovely~

    Sherry-You always pick great adjectives, that bring so much attention to your work~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice poem, with many layers of meaning for the reader to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ella, I believe you are a natural
    at these wordles. Nice and concise.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I applaud you for doing the poem with so few added extra words. I can't do that. Your poem is dense with emotions, and vivid with details.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you did this, Ella. I added extra words too. Had to@

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary-I couldn't imagine, not adding a few. Phew, it was hard, loved the imagery of these words, but whoah~

    Elizabeth-Thank you,I like all your variations. Very clever of you~

    Pamela-Thank you, but I think I could use some more practice. I did enjoy it, though~

    Kerry-I suppose when you go short n' sweet, there is a lot of room to ponder. Thank you~

    ReplyDelete